Business Application Consulting helps to connect technology with people to enable business processes. Every business requires business processes to execute its operational goals and meet its targets. When these processes are installed and implemented, changes to existing systems and procedures are likely to happen; the process of accepting, managing and dealing with the implementation in a phased and successful manner forms the basis of Business Application Consulting. If in the process of accepting and implementing these changes, due consideration is not provided to the people and the business culture that will be affected, the implementation will utterly fail.
This kind of Application Consulting helps businesses to maximize the potential and returns of business management systems. Therefore when the need is there to optimize business for maximum profitability and efficiency in performance, great importance has to be attached in choosing the best solution that can support the company in every way. Along with this, it is also important to find the right business applications solution partner who can help implement the solution in a manner that supports existing processes and smoothens the transition to new processes while maintaining a high level of operational insight all the time.
The benefits accrued from Business Application Consulting to a company or business are:
• Highlighting and pinpointing areas of inefficiency – recognizing weak spots and putting in place long-term solutions
• Helping to streamline operations – devising an efficient business management solution to shorten workflows
• Being supportive of the unique processes that drive the business operations – providing maximum support to operational functions
• Gaining insight into future objectives and perspectives – making the reporting process quicker and easier to help better decision making
Whatever the business application – e.g. ERP, Oracle, SAP or other, the goal of implementation forms the core in formulating business processes and strategies together with people power to help align the technology offering to the company’s functions and achieving the best results possible.
With the help of a business application consultant, most businesses are able to achieve their end targets. A business application consultant provides advice and expertise in redesigning an existing business process or bringing in a new business process; to be very specific, some of the core areas that the consultant is involved in are:
• Implementation of business process
• Planning workflow
• Custom development
• Project management
• Software configuration and installation
• Software training
• Systems integration